Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jim McAleese
Dr. Scott Dowell talks about how the CDC prepares for outbreaks like SARS. Defense analyst Jim McAleese examines the Obama administration's 2014 defense budget request.
Defense analyst Jim McAleese reviews the Defense Authorization Bill agreed on by both the Senate and the House yesterday. OPM Director John Berry says proposed rules to implement phased retirement are on the fast track. Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) discusses changes that will make it easier for feds to telework. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) talks about benefits that will help retain federal employees. Vivian Reifberg of McKinsey & Co. talks about why the current administrative transition is so important. Alex Bolton of The Hill discusses the fiscal cliff negotiations.
Tags: McAleese and Associates , John Berry , OPM , phased retirement , retirement , John Sarbanes , telework , Telework Enhancement Act , Gerry Connolly , workforce , Vivian Riefberg , McKinsey & Co. , Alex Bolton , The Hill , Congress , fiscal cliff , COLAs , Federal Drive , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report
Jim McAleese, defense analyst and principal of McAleese and Associates, anticipates some last minute maneuvering from Congress to secure funding for 2012.
My weekly countdown of the three hottest stories of the week, as chosen by an expert Federal panel.
FederalNewsRadio talks with a defense contracting analyst about what, and who, to watch as Pentagon funding makes its way through the Hill.
What's in the bill for feds and contractors?
Tags: mngt , Defense , DoD , McAleese & Associates , defense appropriations , FY 2010 , contracting , BAE , General Dynamics , Boeing , SAIC , UAV , Lockheed , VH-71 , Pratt & Whitney , GE , Rolls Royce , GE-Rolls , Northrop , MRAP
Seven years and two jail convictions later, the Pentagon on Wednesday unveiled its latest attempt to get a $35 billion contract for refueling planes off the ground.