Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jim Lewis
New report highlights need for better coordination all around
Tags: technology , management , JM , DHS , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co , CSIS , cybersecurity , Homeland Security Subcommittee on Emerging Threats , Mike McCaul , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins ,
Deputy Secretary Lynn scheduled to make reveal plans during speech at CSIS.
Sen. Feinstein calls for an international treaty on cyberspace to create mutual assurances of protection. Experts say the difficulty is determining the threshold of what constitutes an attack worthy of war. Delayed DoD cyber command would play key role in coming up with strategy for offensive and defensive cyber actions.
Tags: technology , Dennis Blair , Dianne Feinstein , Keith Alexander , ODNI , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DoD , White House , DoJ , Greg Nojeim , CSIS , CDT , cybersecurity , Cyber Command
We spoke with Jim Lewis, who leads the the Technology and Public Policy Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
The Obama administration's proposed cybersecurity policy suggests an exchange program of sorts with the private sector.
CSIS's Jim Lewis likes the administration's cybersecurity policy.
Agencies and industry are trading employees with specific technology skills, but in the end both need to increase the overall workforce. One expert calls for the professionalization of cybersecurity workers. Agencies are finding new ways to recruit these in-demand employees.
Tags: technology , management , Phil Reitinger , Kevin Cooley , DHS , Navy , Susan Aldridge , CSIS , University of Maryland , Deloitte , cybersecurity , cybersecurity workforce , training , Jason Miller
A provision in the Commerce, Justice, State appropriations bill could give NIST a larger role in protecting federal and civilian computer networks. The plan is from one influential Maryland lawmaker, who believes the battle for cybersecurity needs to be fought in the Free State.
The House Cybersecurity Caucus says new provisions "will establish strong, centralized oversight to protect our nation's critical information infrastructure and update our comprehensive policy for operating in cyberspace." But will they? We ask Jim Lewis with CSIS