Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jim Cooper
Issues related to federal employees and their pay and benefits have played a starring role in the competing budget proposals introduced by the White House and lawmakers alike. Find highlights from how the proposed budgets would affect federal employees as well as how they've fared so far in Congress
Tags: budget , 2013 budget , pay and benefits , Barack Obama , Paul Ryan , retirement , Jim Jordan , Emanuel Cleaver , Congressional Black Caucus , Republican Study Committee , Steve LaTourette , Chris Van Hollen , sequestration
Mike Lillis of the Hill newspaper told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp that lawmakers are just jockeying for campaign fodder with all this budget talk. Don't expect anything big to happen until after the election.
Some call the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee's approval of a 10 percent cut in the federal workforce is a political statement. Others worry it portends cuts in federal pay, benefits or jobs. Federal employees' groups have stepped up lobbying efforts.
Tags: Dennis Ross , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Jessica Klement , FMA , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug , Congress , workforce , Robert Tobias , American University , Emily Kopp
Fixing the fiscal future
A financial accounting task force said the government's accounts are too hard to understand and are misleading. A House Oversight subcommittee held the first of a series of hearings on making agency spending data more transparent and more user-friendly.