Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jim Bunning
After the Senate failed to pass a federal transportation bill, Transportation Department officials are scrambling to find a way to keep their workers from being furloughed next week.
Thousands of Transportation Department staffers here in Washington and across the country face another day of furloughs today, and possibly the rest of the week. It's all because of a legislative stalemate in the United States Senate.
Senate also considering separate extension bill that would end furloughs, but Sen. Bunning has put hold on it. Transportation furloughs 2,000 employees and stops 41 major construction projects because it doesn't have funding.
Tags: pay and benefits , Ray Lahood , Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , Frank Lautenberg , James Oberstar , Richard Durbin , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Commit , DoT , employee furloughs
Some employees are expected to come to work for at least part of the day, while others are being furloughed and are told to stay home until further notice, without pay. In continuing coverage of a story you read here first late Friday, FederalNewsRadio.com finds each Transportation bureau has a hotline employees should call for updates.
Tags: P&B , DoT , Federal Highway Administration , Motor Carrier Safety Administration , National Highway Transportation Safety Administrat , NHTSA , Research and Innovative Technology Administration , Furlough employees , Federal highway and transit funds