Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jill Singer
Most people don't think about critical infrastructure until the power goes out, or fresh drinking water doesn't flow from the tap. But the federal government has mapped out a plan with the help of industry, to safeguard the nation's critical infrastructure. On this edition of "AFCEA Answers", we'll discuss the nuances of the newly-released National Infrastructure Protection Plan with Suzanne Spaulding, the acting Department of Homeland Security Undersecretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate; and Jill Singer, a partner with Deep Water Point consulting in McLean, Virginia.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Barry West returns, two CIOs leaving, Einstein cyber initiative faces delay
Barry West is returning for his fourth gig as a CIO, and three other key technology officials are leaving. Two congressmen want to pressure contractors to pay back taxes.
Tags: technology , Barry West , Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation , Jeff Huskey , FTC , National Reconnaissance Office , Keith Thurston , GSA , Scott Quehl , Commerce , Jason Chaffetz , Jackie Speier , cybersecurity , E3A , DHS , Janet Napolitano , people , industry , Jason Miller
Chief information officers in the intelligence community said despite cultural challenges, it makes sense to treat the IC as one IT enterprise. They owe an implementation plan to IC agency heads by the end of this year.
Tags: technology , IT , ODNI , intelligence community , CIA , NRO , NGA , NSA , DIA , Jeanne Tisinger , James Clapper , Al Tarasiuk , Neill Tipton , industry , information sharing , cloud computing , budget , Jared Serbu