Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jill Biden
Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, is promoting a new website called the GI Bill Comparison Tool designed to make it easier for service members, veterans, their spouses and dependents to calculate their Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits at thousands of schools and job training programs. "In just a couple easy steps they can figure everything out," she told The Associated Press Wednesday. She said using the website, service members can estimate tuition and fees, housing allowances and book stipends for each school.
A new initiative launched Wednesday by first lady Michelle Obama and the vice president's wife, Jill Biden, is designed to better prepare educators instructing military-connected children. "Operation: Educate the Educator" already has a commitment from more than 100 colleges offering teaching degrees.
Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Doctor Jill Biden, recently paid a port call on the men and women of the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan during a tour of naval facilities in Southern California. The Vice President used the occasion to announce that the Pentagon will expand its housing assistance program for service members forced to sell their homes amidst the housing slump. Doctor Biden met with navy families to discuss their needs and concerns. I'm Max Cacas.
Caring for the families of military personnel requires a coordinated approach across the federal government, President Obama said Monday. He said agencies have made 50 separate commitments to coordinate programs designed to assist the loved ones of servicemembers.
Tags: DoD , management , Barack Obama , Michelle Obama , White House , HHS , VA , Labor , SBA , Commerce , military benefits , Nicole Alcorn , Sue Hoppin , Todd Bowers , Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America , National Military Spouse Network , Jared Serbu , DoD Report , Pentagon , Federal Drive