Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jennifer Napper
At meetings this week, DoD gives European Command the go-ahead to start building the first increment of a standards-based IT environment that will collapse thousands of networks into a single, interoperable environment.
The Army plans to release technical standards for its IT systems next year, in a process that leaders say will give greater predictability to industry. For the Army, the benefit will be an enterprise network that lets it quickly integrate new technologies as they come to market.
Tags: DoD , Army , ausa 2011 , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , charles flynn , John Morrison , Susan Lawrence , William Phillips , acquisition , Fort Bliss , Jared Serbu , rapid acquisition process