Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jennifer Carter
Director of the Defense Research Projects Agency Director Arati Prabhakar says DARPA's budget wasn't decimated by sequestration, but it is being slowly eroded. The Office of Naval Research and the Marine Corps team up for technology demonstration. John Moniz, ONR program manager, says marines on the front lines can get real-time data using smartphones. At the recent AFCEA Mobile Symposium, Defense Information Systems Agency officials talk about mobile security possibilities.
Tags: Jared Serbu , Arati Prabhakar , John Moniz , Greg Youst , AFCEA DC , DISA , DARPA , Office of Naval Research , mobile technology , DoD , On DoD , Devon O , budget , Agile Bloodhound , technology
After issuing a draft request-for-proposals for cloud services in June, the Defense Information Systems Agency is tweaking its approach to buy commercial infrastructure-as-a-service and other support services.
On this week's Agency of the Month show, Jennifer Carter from DISA discusses how her office is working to get the latest technology to war fighters as quickly as possible.
The director of the Defense Information Systems Agency says the agency will spend the next year focusing on a faster, more agile acquisition process to accelerate the way it delivers technology, rather than letting procurements drag on for years.
The Defense Information Systems Agency will issue several contracts under a unified capabilities initiative to move virtually all of DoD's communications onto Internet Protocol-based networks, and to better integrate voice, video and data services.
Cancellations of in-person meetings press DoD's Web conferencing system past its limits. The Defense Information Systems Agency will complete upgrades by Feb. 15.
Listen July 24th at 12pm
Program will discuss Current Status and Progress Made in Mobility Technologies & Solutions, Best Practices & Benefits, Challenges or major hurdles to still overcome, Security Issues in Mobility, and a Vision for The Future