Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeffrey Zients
President Obama, OMB Director Peter Orszag, and Chief Performance Officer Jeffrey Zients want newer technology available all across government.
Anyone now working for the Federal Government or who knows someone who is a fed likely has their own story of how long it took to get the job. In some cases, it can take up to a year for some high-security jobs. But does it really have to be that way? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas continues our week-long special series, "the Five Fallacies of Government". Today: "The federal hiring process must be slow and arduous."
Tags: series , fallacies , mngt , P&B , Senate Subcommittee on the Oversight of Government , federal workforce , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , John Berry , OPM , OMB , President Obama , Max Cacas , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
Tags: management , Bernice Steinhardt , Sen. Tom Carper , Shelley Metzenbaum , OMB , GAO , CMS , FEMA , Interior , NASA , NRC , VA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , EPA , Performance Improvement Council , GPRA , PART , performance management
OMB wants federal employees to submit ideas for how to reduce spending and make agency services more efficient. The winner will present their idea to the President and it will be included in the 2011 budget.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Nancy Kichak , David Drabkin , Office of Management and Budget , Office of Personnel Management , General Services Administration
In the private sector, it's not unusual for a vendor to have incentive clauses written into a contract, but in federal contracting, agencies sometimes employ the practice of "rollovers", extending additional opportunities to earn bonuses even to contractors who come up short on their contractual performance. And that is a matter of concern for one Senate oversight committee.
Senate committee schedules hearing for federal CTO nominee Chopra for May 19.
Tags: mngt , Clay Johnson , Christine Griffin , Aneesh Chopra , Sen. Joseph Lieberman , OMB , OPM , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Commit , CTO , DDM , chief performance officer
Two presidential appointments designed to streamline government.