Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Zients
The chief performance officer will be joined by Lisa Brown, who currently serves as the assistant to the president and staff secretary. The restructuring will begin with trade and exports to give companies better opportunities in the global marketplace.
The administration detailed a 25-point plan to improve the way agencies buy and manage technology. Current and former government officials say OMB is using lessons learned from the past to set the agencies up for success.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Teri Takai , OMB , DoD , Tim Young , Mark Forman , Bob Dix , Deloitte Consulting , KPMG , Juniper Networks , IT reforms , cloud computing , agile development , cybersecurity , Jason Miller
Senior administration officials this morning will propose major changes to the way agencies buy, manage and implement technology over the next 18 months. The reforms include moving at least three technologies to the cloud, changing the role of CIOs and strengthening program management across the government. OMB applying industry best practices and lessons learned from TechStat sessions.
The administration said its review of 16 of the 26 high-risk technology programs led to one termination, eight programs are scaled back and seven projects have accelerated delivery timetables. OMB said agencies saved or avoided spending $1.3 billion over the life of these 16 projects.
The federal CIO Vivek Kundra will roll out specifics about the administration's plan to change the way agencies buy and manage technology. The administration wants to give CIOs more authority over the budget for commodity IT such as e-mail or infrastructure. Kundra also said 2012 budget request will include requirements for continuous monitoring of agency networks.
Gov Info Security reports that the proposed pay freeze will not impact hiring for cybersecurity positions in the federal government.
Prashant Gaur, president of the American Council for Technology, discussed his reactions to OMB's plans to reform IT management.
Federal News Radio's Scott Carr and Jason Miller discuss OMB's five-part plan to restructure IT project management.
The Office of Management and Budget chose four ideas out of 18,000 entries that will save the government money. The winner will get to meet President Obama and present their idea. Voting starts today.
Tags: management , Marjorie Cook , Thomas Koenning , Paul Behe , Trudy Givens , Nancy Fichtner , OMB , USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service , Labor Department's Mine Safety and Health Administ , DHS , Justice Department's Bureau of Prisons , VA , SAVE award , Jason Miller
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive Magazine, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the administration's progress in management reform.