Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Zients
A new memo details the way agencies can run competitions and award prizes. OMB will set up a Web site to help run the challenges. GSA also will award a contract vehicle for technical assistance.
Through July 29, feds can submit their money-saving ideas. OMB narrows the ideas to the final four and then opens voting to the public.
Faced with increasingly tighter federal budgets, agency leaders are getting tougher on contract spending. The Office of Management and Budget announced in March that spending on federal contracting had actually declined for the first time in more than a decade. Also, earlier this month, OMB directed agencies to cut spending on service contracts by 15 percent.
Francis Rose is joined by former OMB associate director Robert Shea with analysis on the memo
AFGE, NTEU lead discussion to broaden discussion about telecommuting to more than just during emergencies. The White House is working on a new governmentwide telework policy. AFGE wants to add telework options into new bargaining agreements.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Seth Harris , OPM , OMB , Labor , John Gage , Colleen Kelley , Patricia Niehaus , AFGE , NTEU , FMA , telework , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , Jason Miller
Big news this week on the cloud computing front. Agencies are being required by the Office of Management and Budget to adopt a “cloud-first” policy as part of the 2012 budget process. Jeff Zients, chief performance officer and deputy director for management at OMB, made the announcement during a speech at the Northern Virginia Technology [...]
The White House today launched the 2011 version of the SAVE award. Employees can submit ideas starting through July 29. Over the past two years, feds offered more than 56,000 potential money-saving ideas.
OMB will tell agencies to focus on management support service contracts and reduce spending by $6 billion. OMB said contracting for management support services grew at a faster rate than other types of contracting. The initiative is part of the administration's Campaign to Cut Waste.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , OFPP , OMB , service contracting , management support services , Campaign to Cut Waste , Jason Miller , Richard Ginman , Commerce , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , DoD
The websites for the Fiddlin' Foresters - the official U.S. Forest folk band - and one for desert tortoises are a couple of websites that could be on the chopping block in the White House efforts to cut wasteful spending.