Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Neal
Randy Williamson, director of health care Issues at GAO, talks about the progress being made at Walter Reed Medical Center. Blogger Tom Cochran shares trivia about some government buildings in Washington, D.C. Dr. Jacques Gansler discusses a new master's degree program focusing on federal acquisition and contracting. Jeff Neal of ICF International discusses the results of the 2012 Employee Viewpoint Survey. Christi Grimm of the Inspector General's Office talks about mispayments by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Daniel Schuman of the Sunlight Foundation discusses open data from the federal government.
Tags: Randy Williamson , GAO , Tom Cochran , Ghosts of DC , Jacques Gansler , Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise , University of Maryland , IFC International , Christi Grimm , inspector general , Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive , ICF International
Jeff Neal, the senior vice president president at ICF International, and Rob Burton, a partner with Venable law firm, count down the top federal news story of the week.
Two former federal human-capital experts joined In Depth with Francis Rose for a for a conversation about leadership and management at federal agencies: Jeff Neal, former CHCO at the Homeland Security Department, now a senior vice president at ICF International; and Ron Sanders, the first CHCO of the Intelligence Community, who's now a senior executive adviser at Booz Allen Hamilton.
The White House has announced a new system for evaluating the performance of Senior Executive Service members. The system should establish greater consistency among agencies, according to a memo by the Office of Management and Budget and the Office of Personnel Management.
Jeff Neal, the former CHCO at the Homeland Security Department, said the glitches are not structural and are "growing pains" in standing up a large and complex system.
Nearly 300,000 jobs in the next three years. That's the projection by federal agencies of the number of new mission-critical jobs they hope to fill by 2012. But what do you need to do to go "Where the Jobs Are?" The Partnership for Public Service asked Fed CHCOs to lay out a roadmap.
Tags: management , Partnership for Public Service , Where the Jobs Are Report , Dept. of Homeland Security , Dept. of Justice , Dept. of the Treasury , Office of Personnel Managemen , Mari Barr Santangelo , Rochelle Granat , John Berry , Max Cacas
There's a new Chief Human Capital Officer on the job at the Department of Homeland Security.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , OPM , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , Jason Miller
A recent survey of chief human capital officers reveals some shortcomings and frustrations in the relationship between CHCOs and the Office of Personnel Management. But two veteran federal HR experts said such a tension is natural and even healthy. And a top OPM leader talks about an initiative to resolve concerns over the shortcomings of training on the part of the HR workforce and their ability to assist in hiring reforms.
Tags: management , human resource management , CHCO Council , OPM , Kathryn Medina , DHS , John Salamone , FMP , Ron Sanders , Booz Allen Hamilton , Partnership for Public Service , Grant Thornton , hiring reforms , Max Cacas
Tags: management , pay and benefits , CHCO , DHS , Navy , Pat Adams , Ray Limon , CNCS , John Palguta , Partnership for Public Service , Scott Cameron , Grant Thornton , OPM , federal hiring , Kathryn Medina , Max Cacas