Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Koses
Jeff Koses, senior procurement executive for the General Services Administration, will discuss his acquisition priorities for the agency.
July 22, 2014
Jeff Koses, the senior procurement executive at the General Services Administration, said the ombudsman will help vendors navigate the acquisition bureaucracy and ensure the agency is hearing and addressing challenges and concerns. It's one of several steps GSA is taking to improve vendor and agency customer satisfaction.
A group of functional domain experts are reaching out to the military services and agencies to look at service contracting spending across 12 areas. The Defense Department's goal is to use strategic sourcing to improve how it buys in these categories. The Army created a governance board to bring together all stakeholders during specific points of the acquisition process to find opportunities to collaborate.
Under an agreement signed Thursday, the Air Force will use OASIS as its default option for professional service contracts. The service agrees to spend at least $500 million under the multiple award contract.
The House Small Business Subcommittee on Contracting and the Workforce is searching for answers about the potential impact on competition if the White House mandates the use of strategic sourcing contracts. Four industry associations provided little support for compulsory use, citing potential risks to the government and harm to vendors.
Tags: acquisition , industry , Joe Jordan , OFPP , GSA , Richard Hanna , House Small Business Committee , Rob Burton , Venable , Stan Soloway , Professional Services Council , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , strategic sourcing , Jason Miller
Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini shifted responsibility for the troubled System for Award Management to the CIO's office and the Federal Acquisition Service and out of the Office of Governmentwide Policy. GSA is reconsidering all of its options, including possibly recompeting the contract for SAM. OASIS, Networks 2020 and changes to the schedules program also are making progress.
Tags: acquisition , industry , contracting , GSA , Mary Davie , System for Award Management , Coalition for Government Procurement , Networks 2020 , strategic sourcing , IBM , pricing variability , OASIS , Jason Miller