Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Eisensmith
GSA awarded a $47.3 million contract to Metrica Team Venture to provide software and services under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation program. DHS expects the dashboard to offer a more insightful view of the cyber health of agency networks starting this fall.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , DHS , GSA , Energy Department , Bob Brese , Jim Piche , Continuous monitoring , Metrica Team Venture , industry , contracting , FedInsider , ImmixGroup , Jason Miller
Three Department of Homeland Security components are testing how ongoing authorizations work. The Office of Management and Budget is drafting a memo to require agencies to change from approving the cybersecurity of systems every three years to a more regular oversight schedule.
Tags: technology , DHS , OMB , Coast Guard , Mark Powell , Larry DeNayer , Citizenship and Immigration Services , cybersecurity , Continuous monitoring , ongoing authorizations , ACT-IAC , Jason Miller
Listen Tuesday January 29th @ 12pm
Program will discuss the following: Progress Report CyberSecurity in the Federal Government, Top CyberSecurity Priorities, Key Challenges to Overcome in IT Security, Lessons Learned, and A Vision for The Future
Mike Locatis, the DHS Assistant Secretary for the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, is returning to Colorado after serving in the federal government for more than two years.
Six years after the Veterans Affairs data breach, civilian agency networks and computers are more secure. Current and former federal officials and cyber experts say from secretaries on down, the threat of a cyber attack and the impact on mission is well understood.
Tags: technology , Cybersecurity Rising , Dan Chenok , IBM , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , Karen Evans , U.S. Cyber Challenge , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Immigration and Customs Enforcement , DHS , OMB , cybersecurity , Paul Nicholas , Microsoft , TIC , Federal Desktop Core Configuration , FISMA , Continuous monitoring , Cyber Workforce , Jason Miller
Immigration and Customs Enforcement received a score of 95 on its FISMA report card in 2011. Jeff Eisensmith, the ICE CISO, said the agency is implementing continuous monitoring and increasing the training of its employees.