Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Eisensmith
Three Department of Homeland Security components are testing how ongoing authorizations work. The Office of Management and Budget is drafting a memo to require agencies to change from approving the cybersecurity of systems every three years to a more regular oversight schedule.
Tags: technology , DHS , OMB , Coast Guard , Mark Powell , Larry DeNayer , Citizenship and Immigration Services , cybersecurity , continuous monitoring , ongoing authorizations , ACT-IAC , Jason Miller
Listen Tuesday January 29th @ 12pm
Program will discuss the following: Progress Report CyberSecurity in the Federal Government, Top CyberSecurity Priorities, Key Challenges to Overcome in IT Security, Lessons Learned, and A Vision for The Future
Mike Locatis, the DHS Assistant Secretary for the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications, is returning to Colorado after serving in the federal government for more than two years.
Six years after the Veterans Affairs data breach, civilian agency networks and computers are more secure. Current and former federal officials and cyber experts say from secretaries on down, the threat of a cyber attack and the impact on mission is well understood.
Tags: technology , Cybersecurity Rising , Dan Chenok , IBM , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , Karen Evans , U.S. Cyber Challenge , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Immigration and Customs Enforcement , DHS , OMB , cybersecurity , Paul Nicholas , Microsoft , TIC , Federal Desktop Core Configuration , FISMA , continuous monitoring , cyber workforce , Jason Miller
Immigration and Customs Enforcement received a score of 95 on its FISMA report card in 2011. Jeff Eisensmith, the ICE CISO, said the agency is implementing continuous monitoring and increasing the training of its employees.