Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jeff Denham
The Obama administration Wednesday sent lawmakers a proposed bill that would create an independent commission to dispose of thousands of pieces of federal property that agencies have designated as excess. The administration also posted online a map showing the locations of more than 7,000 of the properties.
The administration expects to submit a legislative proposal to Congress by the end of April outlining how they will create a board to improve the process to dispose of excess property. OMB controller Danny Werfel said the White House will follow DoD's BRAC effort in many ways. Some lawmakers question OMB's leadership in this effort.
Tags: management , Danny Werfel , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , OMB , GSA , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , DoD , Anthony Principi , BRAC , real property , Civilian Property Realignment Act , Jason Miller