Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
WFED's Jason Miller reports
Gen. Keith Alexander calls for the Cyber Command to have real time understanding of what's going on in their computer networks. He also calls for a common operational picture as a part of improving situational awareness. Alexander also says DoD is putting a lot of effort and focus on ensuring privacy and civil liberties laws and regulations are followed.
Memo to agency deputy secretaries says the eRulemaking Program Office will work with other agencies to develop a taxonomy and set of best practices to federal rulemaking.
They're no longer battling your standard denial of service attacks.
Social media is changing the way the State Department meets its mission. The agency is using Web 2.0 tools to create relationships and partnering with experts to figure out how best to use them.
AT&T receives an authority to operate its cybersecurity services under the Networx telecommunications contract. Agencies now can purchase these services to meet the Trusted Internet Connections requirements.
Tags: technology , contracting , OMB , GSA , DHS , FTC , EPA , Treasury , AT&T , Qwest , Sprint , Verizon , Jeff Mohan , Tom McMahon , Bill White , Networx , telecommunications , cybersecurity , TIC , MTIPS ,
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Kshemendra Paul, the new Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment, must reestablish the role of the organization, experts say. James Carafano of Heritage says Paul must convince and educate the intelligence community about the value of the ISE. Jim Dempsey of the Markle Foundation Task Force says Paul must figure out the ISE's relationship with other information sharing organizations in the government.
Tags: technology , Kshemendra Paul , Leslie Phillips , OMB , ODNI , DoJ , Information Sharing Environment , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , GAO , James Carafano , Jim Dempsey , Paul Wormeli , IJIS , Heritage , Markle Foundation Task Force , information sharing , NIEM ,
What do information sharing and lobbying have in common? Federal News Radio's Jason Miller reports.
The military is performing a proof of concept in Utah by putting transit benefits on employees' Common Access Cards. USDA is implementing technology to require the use of HSPD-12 cards to log onto applications.