Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
NASA CIO Linda Cureton may have come from inside NASA, but she tells Federal News Radio's Jason Miller she's still learning a lot.
September 23, 2010
The goal is to encourage agencies to use the new blanket purchase agreements signed with 15 companies in June.
A new report to Congress says OFPP will release new policies this fall to improve the management and use of multiple award contracts. One of the policies will require business cases for all multi- and inter-agency contracts. OFPP found that agencies spent more than $52 billion on these contracts in 2009.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , OPM , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework ,
The Department of Health and Human Services chose Verizon to provide data services under the Networx telecommunications contract.
The GWAC is focused on providing health IT services along with other general technology functions. Vendors must have specific health IT capabilities to bid on the contract. NIH said a small business RFP of the contract will be issued soon.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Simon Szykman, the new CIO at the Department of Commerce.
September 16, 2010
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Scott Brown , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , Peter Orszag , privacy , performance management ,