Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The space agency also is testing other smartphone devices, including the Android and iPad. It is one of the first agencies to approve the issuance of iPhones to employees. Employees also have the ability to develop applications for smartphones.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
EPA, NASA and Transportation receive two honors each in different categories. Overall 17 agencies received all green scores on the Open Government dashboard.
Agency said latest statistics find on average federal employees make 22 percent less than their private sector counterparts. Sheldon Friedman, chairman of the Federal Prevailing Rate Advisory Committee, says recent news stories about feds making more than the private sector do not accurately depict the data.
CIO's office detailed experts to assess the problems, and formulate a plan to improve how Arlington National Cemetery manages and tracks veterans' records. Lt. Gen. Sorenson says the first thing is to ensure the data is correct. He says the end result could include an online capability to find out where loved ones are buried.
Tags: technology , Jeff Sorenson , John Schrader , Kathryn Condon , Army , Army National Cemeteries Program , Arlington National Cementery , Al Mink , Bobbie Kilberg , SRA , NVTC , INPUT , data management , enterprise e-mail , data center consolidation , cloud computing , BRAC ,
Changes in technology, culture and conditions necessitate not only an update, but growth for the three-year old office.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , ISE , DHS , DoJ , FBI , OMB , NARA , Thomas McNamara , information sharing , architecture , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting , health IT , controlled unclassified information ,
The Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment says the three-year-old document needs to be updated and expanded. This effort is one of five priorities Kshmendra Paul shares in his exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, a month into his new role.
Tags: technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , ISE , DHS , DoJ , FBI , OMB , NARA , Thomas McNamara , information sharing , architecture , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting , health IT , controlled unclassified information ,
This week, host Jason Miller interviews Joe Klimavicz of NOAA.
Aug. 12, 2010
Bureau Director Groves and Commerce Secretary Locke announced the savings today. Officials say Census saved money for three reasons, including not having to tap into a reserve fund in case of emergency.
Secretary Gates' decision to cut three major offices will result in "a substantial number" of employees and contractors having to find new jobs. The CIO's functions will be split between DISA and ATL. DoD is moving major acquisition oversight to the chief management officer's office.