Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
VA, SBA, EPA and HUD are the first to go through the review process and see dramatic changes. OMB controller Werfel said the goal for each agency is to invest only in top priorities, saving $1 billion a year by eliminating or reducing the size of agency modernization projects.
Tags: technology , management , Danny Werfel , Jeff Zients , Doug Criscitello , Roger Baker , OMB , VA , SBA , HUD , EPA , financial systems modernization , FLITE , IT Dashboard , financial systems advisory board ,
The White House releases 56 agency sustainability plans showing how the government will meet an assortment of energy efficiency goals. Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore said ideas run the gamut from recycling to computer power management. The administration is hosting the GreenGov Symposium in October to help educate and promote agency goals.
Tags: management , Michelle Moore , Tom Carper , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , energy efficiency , sustainability plans , Green government ,
Agencies now have another 12 months to submit their transition plans and have GSA pay for the costs to move to the new telecommunications contract. GSA does an about-face after saying for the past year it would hold agencies to that Aug. 31 deadline. Congressman Towns to introduce legislation to require agencies to transition to Networx by June 2011.
The space agency's experience in reducing the number of its e-mail systems could serve as a model for others who are going down a similar path. NASA's benefits include cost savings, better cybersecurity and scalability to deal with the expanding need for mobile access.
The National Cybersecurity Protection System is testing software and hardware from the Defense Department and industry to figure out how to expand the Einstein toolset. DHS reports that 13 of 19 major agencies already have installed Einstein 2. The department also is planning to hold an industry day for a classified cyber RFI.
A new advisory council will provide Commerce and other agencies with ideas for how the government can help push federally-funded technologies into the commercial marketplace. Locke said his agency will do its part by speeding up the patent process to one year and get certain grant funding out in 30 days. Commerce also is working with NIH and NSF on the i6 Challenge where $12 million is available for companies to commercialize technologies.
Tags: technology , Gary Locke , Aneesh Chopra , Rahm Emanuel , Ginger Lew , White House , Commerce , National Economic Council , National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrep , NIH , NSF , PTO , Mike Morse , Mike Crow , Tom Albert , Holden Thorp , Steve Case , Mary Sue Coleman , University of North Carolina , AOL , University of Michigan , Madrona Venture Group , Arizona State University , innovation , i6 Competition , entrepreneurship ,
The FCC, GSA and the Smithsonian were among the best agencies to work for in the latest survey and officials point to a few specific reasons for their success. Agencies must make their employees feel like they are part of the answer to meeting their mission, agency officials say.
Tags: management , Steven VanRoekel , Linda St. Thomas , Martha Johnson , Shaun Donovan , Analisa Archer , FCC , Smithsonian , GSA , HUD NARA , OMB , Partnership for Public Service , Best Places to Work survey , employee communication ,
Jason Miller and Mark Amtower count down the top three most important Federal news stories of the week.
The General Services Administration is suspending new companies from offering office supplies through Schedule 75 for two years.
GSA has issued per diem rates for lodging for next year. Most hotels in major cities saw a decrease, including $15 for Washington, $71 in New York City and $45 in Chicago. GSA did not change the rates for meals and other incidentals.