Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
This is the first of several component contracts awarded under the I3P Program. NASA will use the contracts to procure services that provide agency-wide management, integration, and delivery of IT infrastructure services.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER with details over the debate over the Business Coalition for Fair Competition's scorecard of federal contracting-related bills.
The Business Coalition for Fair Competition wants to highlight what it believes are provisions that hurt private sector companies and forces industry to compete with the government. Jason Miller joins the DorobekINSIDER with details.
CDC Chief information officer, Jim Seligman, tells host Jason Miller how his agency is playing a growing role in health information technology by investing in health data exchange and bio surveillance.
October 28, 2010
Administrator Martha Johnson said changes in the way people work and the technology they have access to are major reasons why GSA will no longer guarantee a specific number of workers at the area telecenters. GSA remains committed to telework in other ways, including the launch of a new collaboration platform called FedSpace. It also awarded a contract to deploy telepresence at 15 offices around the country.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss OPM's plans to cut down agencies' hiring time.
GSA is ramping up cloud computing, preparing the next two governmentwide contracts for cloud computing. Agency issues notice that a RFP could be issued by early 2011. GSA also considering geospatial platform-as-a-service offering later next year.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Dave McClure , OMB , GSA , cloud computing , Geospatial information , e-mail-as-a-service , infrastructure-as-a-service , platform-as-a-service , apps.gov , FedRAMP ,
Federal CIO Kundra said an upcoming conference will help agencies share and find best practices for prioritizing data sets. Departments are struggling to meet stake holder demands for opening up data. Kundra said more and more these data sets are leading to third party applications.
The Homeland Security Department extended the contract for its SBINet program until Nov. 17.
Agencies and industry are trading employees with specific technology skills, but in the end both need to increase the overall workforce. One expert calls for the professionalization of cybersecurity workers. Agencies are finding new ways to recruit these in-demand employees.
Tags: technology , management , Phil Reitinger , Kevin Cooley , DHS , Navy , Jim Lewis , Susan Aldridge , CSIS , University of Maryland , Deloitte , cybersecurity , cybersecurity workforce , training ,