Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The goal is to encourage agencies to use the new blanket purchase agreements signed with 15 companies in June.
A new report to Congress says OFPP will release new policies this fall to improve the management and use of multiple award contracts. One of the policies will require business cases for all multi- and inter-agency contracts. OFPP found that agencies spent more than $52 billion on these contracts in 2009.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , OPM , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , NFFE , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , jason miller
The Department of Health and Human Services chose Verizon to provide data services under the Networx telecommunications contract.
The GWAC is focused on providing health IT services along with other general technology functions. Vendors must have specific health IT capabilities to bid on the contract. NIH said a small business RFP of the contract will be issued soon.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Simon Szykman, the new CIO at the Department of Commerce.
September 16, 2010
Senators praise Lew for experience. Committee plans to vote on his nomination next week. Lew said technology, acquisition reform and performance management are among his top non-budget priorities.
Tags: management , Jack Lew , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Scott Brown , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , State Department , Peter Orszag , privacy , performance management , jason miller
EPA CIO Jackson said he wants to dig deeper to improve programs and save money on technology systems. Others are using the data on the dashboard to have a common language across the department.
Environmental Protection Agency chief information officer Malcolm Jackson likes the transparency of the IT Dashboard. But Jackson says it only shows the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the health of EPA's technology projects.