Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Assistant secretary Baker said he can't let doctors store veterans' data on unsecured systems in the cloud. But Baker said he wants to figure out how to solve this problem because the ability to access data anywhere, anytime is necessary. VA shutdown facilities usage of common commercial cloud applications.
Secretary Salazar issued a memo to give oversight of the IT budget to the chief information officer. The memo also removes the CIO title from the bureaus and renames them as assistant directors for information resources. Observers say this move by Interior has been long-overdue.
Interior CIO Bernie Mazer tells Jason Miller about the new expanded role of the CIO.
The White House and the Office of Science and Technology Policy issued an RFI on how to develop a new platform called Expert-net to solicit ideas for solving mission-critical problems.
The agency is deciding whether or not to move forward with the contract option for operations and maintenance with Lockheed Martin. GAO and OMB say the project has multiple problems, including more than a $200 million increase in the total cost for ERA and a lack of usage by agencies. After going through a TechStat sessions, NARA and OMB decided to stop enhancing the system and focus on use.
WFED's Jason Miller gives an update on NARA's cancellation of the contract for the electronic records archive.
Katrina McFarland takes over for Frank Anderson as the new head of the Defense Acquisition University. DAU also will provide help for all agencies in buying services.
The $1.1 trillion Senate omnibus bill would authorize President Obama's pay freeze proposal. But it protects against furloughs or reductions-in-force. The Senate's bill would replace the House's version, which is a continuing resolution. Lawmakers must approve a bill before Dec. 19 when the current CR expires.
The FAR Councils issued an interim rule requiring changes to the use of and oversight of interagency contracts. OFPP reports that agencies spent $52 billion on multiple award and GWACs in 2009. The new requirements will help get that spending under better control, the councils say.