Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
DoD is trying to figure out how to keep risks that one part of the organization takes from affecting the rest of the military's networks. DISA addressing other security goals by adding PKI to secret network.
February 22nd at 10AM
In OMB's 25-point plan for Federal IT Reform, a mandate for agencies to adopt a Cloud First policy requires agencies to default to a cloud-based solution when evaluating options for new IT initiatives. Virtualization is the key to realizing the true benefits of cloud computing: cost savings, agility, flexibility and better resource utilization.
Guidance helps CIOs understand how to adopt and manage Internet-based services. Agencies that are considered early adopters are helping to find solutions to common challenges such as data and business process ownership.
The Office of the Director for National Intelligence has a new chief information officer - Al Tarasiuk.
GAO's biannual list includes 30 programs that are in trouble. House and Senate members promise to focus more of their attention on the initiatives most at risk. Members plan to use the model that worked for DoD and personnel security clearances in other problematic areas.
Tags: management , Gene Dodaro , Elijah Cummings , Darrell Issa , Josphe Lieberman , Daniel Akaka , Susan Collins , GAO , DoD , Census , USPS , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , High Risk list , personnel security clearances , congressional oversight , 2010 census , cybersecurity , waste, fraud and abuse ,
The government watchdog agency highlights 30 areas that are at-risk of major problems or failure. Auditors added Interior's handling of gas and oil resources, but several on-going challenges saw the scope of oversight shrink because of progress agencies have made.
A new memo from Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator, details hiring flexibilities and new tools for agencies.
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , John Pistole , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Bennie Thompson , Danny Davis , TSA , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , collective bargaining , Best Places to Work survey ,
SBA Administrator Karen Mills sent an email to staff to respond to the Federal News Radio reports about allegations of whistleblower retaliation at the agency.
In part 4 of Federal News Radio's investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," allegations of cronyism and conflict of interest in the acquisition process arise. Over the past year, lawmakers and auditors have raised concerns about the agency's acquisition practices. SBA officials deny the accusations and say they are strengthening their acquisition processes.
Tags: management , contracting , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Olympia Snowe , Nydia Velazquez , Eileen Harrington , Sara Lipscomb , SBA , House Small Business Committee , Senate Small Business Committee , FTC , Bill Shook , Rosemarie Straight , Tom Wimer , KnowledgeBank , McKinsey and Company , conflict of interest , whistleblower retaliation , Recovery Act , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA ,