Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Ashton Carter, the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, described the future state of military contracting. He said vendors should look at several current examples including the Littoral Combat Ship and the replacement for the Ohio Class Submarine.
Priscilla Guthrie spent about 18 months as CIO before stepping down effective Friday.
A new survey from the Professional Services Council and Grant Thornton finds contracting officers don't always find new guidance helpful in how they do their job. Acquisition workers also say too much oversight is causing innovation to be muted.
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.
The service issued a memo detailing a common operating environment architecture as part of a broader software transition strategy. The strategy builds on the experiences of the Apps for the Army program. The service is developing plans for Apps for the Army 2 next summer focusing on industry-created software.
A new memo from the Office of Federal Procurement Policy gives agencies until June to determine whether the number of contractors performing services is appropriate. First, however, agencies must develop a service contract inventory and make it public. OFPP said for agencies to initially focus on professional and management services and technology services.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra wants agencies to take a portfolio approach so geospatial data is better coordinated governmentwide. The administration releases a supplement to Circular A-16 making geospatial data a capital asset.
Agency CIO Baker said moving the electronic health system to open source would let VA to more easily and more quickly use software developed outside of the department. VA's decision comes after an industry panel recommended 10 ways to fix VistA.