Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Karla Saunders alleges the agency violated her civil rights and she was a victim of reprisals. SBA declines to comment.
Tags: management , Karla Saunders , Jonathan Swain , SBA , Office of Special Counsel , Vincent Melehy , Melehy and Associates , district court , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA ,
The Government Accountability Office sustained protests from two losing bidders under the Transformation and System Consolidation (TASC) program, say government and industry sources.
John Owens, the CIO at the Patent and Trademark Office, says his biggest priority is to fix the patent process.
March 10, 2011
New vice chairman of the CIO Council Richard Spires said he wants small and large agencies to learn from each other when it comes to implementing IT reforms. Small agencies have a different type of challenge than larger ones in implementing OMB's 25-point plan.
Director John Berry pushes back against claims from members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that federal employees are overpaid. Rep. Issa called the pay freeze a "farce" and wants step-increases frozen for this year. Berry and Democrat lawmakers continue to make the case that feds deserve their salaries.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Jason Chaffetz , Dennis Ross , Stephen Lynch , Darrell Issa , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , federal pay , bonuses , performance system , CHCO Council , GS-System , pay debate
Nearly every President since Richard Nixon tried to revamp how the government works in one way or another, and few have found any real success. Experts say the focus should be getting Congressional buy-in first, and not promising cost savings. Four senior lawmakers ask OMB for more information on the status of the current restructuring effort.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Moira Mack , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , OMB , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , John Kamensky , Dwight Ink , Janet Hale , Thomas Reinhardt , Jim Locher , Beryl Radin , Robert Tobias , Scott Fosler , IBM , Deloitte , CSC , Project on National Security Reform , American University , NAPA , Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise , government reorganization ,
Sen. Collins asked GAO to study the current roles and responsibilities of these senior technology managers. This would be the third such study from GAO since 1996, but first since 2005. VA's CIO Roger Baker reiterates his call to give CIOs oversight and authority of their IT budget.
Tags: technology , management , Susan Collins , Roger Baker , Vivek Kundra , Valerie Melvin , OMB , VA , DHS , Interior , GAO , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , technology management , CIO's role , IT reform ,
Rep. Issa and other Republicans criticize the administration for not testifying on GAO report on duplicative programs. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee promises quarterly hearings on how agencies are chipping away at the widespread overlap.
Tags: management , Darrell Issa , Connie Mack , Elijah Cummings , Jeff Zients , Gene Dodaro , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OMB , GAO , Tom Davis , Deloitte , overlapping programs , cost cutting ,
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , Stephen Lynch , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FERS , CSRS , budget ,
Military officials detail the impact of a full-year continuing resolution on DoD. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the department would meet payroll and medical bills, but have to cut acquisition and training programs.