Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The Arlington, Va., firm will merge financial, acquisition and asset management systems. The contract is worth $450 million over 10 years. FEMA is expected to be the first DHS component to receive TASC.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council is overseeing several initiatives to improve the training of federal human resources professionals. The university will bring together existing courses under one portal, and eventually will expand to meet current and emerging needs. OPM to announce agency progress in fixing federal hiring today.
WFED's Jason Miller describes efforts at some agencies to cut hiring time.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development went from being the poster child for the dysfunctional federal hiring process to being a model of what others are striving for.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , pay and benefits , management , Shaun Donovan , Janie Payne , John Berry , Kathleen Ott , Daniel Poneman , HUD , OPM , DoD , Energy , VA , CHCO Council , hiring reform ,
Many agencies have reduced the time it takes to hire a new employee. DoD, Energy and VA are among the departments that have made the most progress over the last year. OPM Director John Berry said a full government-wide look will not be available until early 2011.
Ashton Carter, the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, described the future state of military contracting. He said vendors should look at several current examples including the Littoral Combat Ship and the replacement for the Ohio Class Submarine.
Priscilla Guthrie spent about 18 months as CIO before stepping down effective Friday.
A new survey from the Professional Services Council and Grant Thornton finds contracting officers don't always find new guidance helpful in how they do their job. Acquisition workers also say too much oversight is causing innovation to be muted.
The deputy administrator for E-Gov and IT in OMB will take on a deputy program manager role to help improve information sharing across law enforcement agencies.