Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The administration issued a new memo to help agencies implement the Plan Writing Act. Agencies have a set of deadlines to meet over the next year as part of the law.
The Republican said lawmakers too often don't understand management, and that impacts agencies' resources, especially around training. Voinovich said feds should be more vocal in explaining their need for support in reforming agency management. Voinovich is retiring after 12 years in the Senate, including the last six as ranking member of the subcommittee that oversees federal workforce issues.
The Navy has a new chief information officer. Terry Halvorsen received the promotion today from Secretary Ray Mabus.
Sen. George Voinovich (R-Oh.) speaks to Jason Miller about ways agencies can improve federal management.
Federal News Radio's Scott Carr and Jason Miller discuss OMB's five-part plan to restructure IT project management.
The Arlington, Va., firm will merge financial, acquisition and asset management systems. The contract is worth $450 million over 10 years. FEMA is expected to be the first DHS component to receive TASC.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council is overseeing several initiatives to improve the training of federal human resources professionals. The university will bring together existing courses under one portal, and eventually will expand to meet current and emerging needs. OPM to announce agency progress in fixing federal hiring today.
WFED's Jason Miller describes efforts at some agencies to cut hiring time.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development went from being the poster child for the dysfunctional federal hiring process to being a model of what others are striving for.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , pay and benefits , management , Shaun Donovan , Janie Payne , John Berry , Kathleen Ott , Daniel Poneman , HUD , OPM , DoD , Energy , VA , CHCO Council , hiring reform , jason miller
Many agencies have reduced the time it takes to hire a new employee. DoD, Energy and VA are among the departments that have made the most progress over the last year. OPM Director John Berry said a full government-wide look will not be available until early 2011.