Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
A new memo from Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator, details hiring flexibilities and new tools for agencies.
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , John Pistole , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Bennie Thompson , Danny Davis , TSA , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , collective bargaining , Best Places to Work survey ,
SBA Administrator Karen Mills sent an email to staff to respond to the Federal News Radio reports about allegations of whistleblower retaliation at the agency.
In part 4 of Federal News Radio's investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," allegations of cronyism and conflict of interest in the acquisition process arise. Over the past year, lawmakers and auditors have raised concerns about the agency's acquisition practices. SBA officials deny the accusations and say they are strengthening their acquisition processes.
Tags: management , contracting , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Olympia Snowe , Nydia Velazquez , Eileen Harrington , Sara Lipscomb , SBA , House Small Business Committee , Senate Small Business Committee , FTC , Bill Shook , Rosemarie Straight , Tom Wimer , KnowledgeBank , McKinsey and Company , conflict of interest , whistleblower retaliation , Recovery Act , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA ,
In part 3 of Federal News Radio's exclusive investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," Karla Saunders weighs her options to find resolution in her three-year battle against alleged retaliation. Saunders and three other agency employees say they want to return to their original jobs and restore their reputations. SBA officials say the agency is focusing on strengthening management and oversight.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Stevie Gray , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , Kevin Mahoney , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA ,
In part 2 of the special investigative series, Diane Sellers said she faced another round of retaliation just this past January when management moved her into a new position without cause. Sellers and two other career agency officials say they are facing a hostile work environment because they blew the whistle on potential misconduct. SBA says there is no evidence of HR violations or creating phony positions.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Kevin Mahoney , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , David Robbins , Michael Chodos , Keith Lucas , Elaine Powell Belnavis , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , AFGE , whistleblower retaliation , human resources ,
In part one of the exclusive Federal News Radio series, Karla Saunders says SBA management continues to exact revenge against her for testifying on behalf of another employee about agency misconduct. Saunders says among the reprisals she has faced over the past three years is officials put her in two jobs involuntarily that she has no qualifications for. SBA officials deny any wrongdoing and say the administrator has no tolerance for waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Ethel Matthews , Stevie Gray , Jonathan Swain , Kevin Mahoney , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , SBA , Office of Special Counsel , Debra Roth , Vincent Melehy , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation ,
Agency administrator John Pistole determined workers can hold a vote on whether to be represented by a union. Pistole's memo details four areas that will fall under collective bargaining if employees approve it.
The long-awaited memo requires agencies to develop a plan to implement physical and computer network access controls. DHS and GSA are also working together to help agencies improve physical access control.
State Department CIO Susan Swart tells Federal News Radio she can see a light at the end of the tunnel for several large and important technology projects.
February 3, 2011 (Encore Presentation)