Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The White House and the Office of Science and Technology Policy issued an RFI on how to develop a new platform called Expert-net to solicit ideas for solving mission-critical problems.
The agency is deciding whether or not to move forward with the contract option for operations and maintenance with Lockheed Martin. GAO and OMB say the project has multiple problems, including more than a $200 million increase in the total cost for ERA and a lack of usage by agencies. After going through a TechStat sessions, NARA and OMB decided to stop enhancing the system and focus on use.
WFED's Jason Miller gives an update on NARA's cancellation of the contract for the electronic records archive.
Katrina McFarland takes over for Frank Anderson as the new head of the Defense Acquisition University. DAU also will provide help for all agencies in buying services.
The $1.1 trillion Senate omnibus bill would authorize President Obama's pay freeze proposal. But it protects against furloughs or reductions-in-force. The Senate's bill would replace the House's version, which is a continuing resolution. Lawmakers must approve a bill before Dec. 19 when the current CR expires.
The FAR Councils issued an interim rule requiring changes to the use of and oversight of interagency contracts. OFPP reports that agencies spent $52 billion on multiple award and GWACs in 2009. The new requirements will help get that spending under better control, the councils say.
The administration detailed a 25-point plan to improve the way agencies buy and manage technology. Current and former government officials say OMB is using lessons learned from the past to set the agencies up for success.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Teri Takai , Jeff Zients , OMB , DoD , Tim Young , Mark Forman , Bob Dix , Deloitte Consulting , KPMG , Juniper Networks , IT reforms , cloud computing , agile development , cybersecurity , jason miller
WFED's Jason Miller gives an update on the 26 high-risk IT projects on OMB's list.
State Department CIO Susan Swart tells Federal News Radio she can see a light at the end of the tunnel for several large and important technology projects.
December 9, 2010