Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The Agriculture Department would be the second major agency to announce it's taking critical functions to the commercial cloud.
Former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis tells WFED's Jason Miller about the impact of the new Congress on federal employees.
The agencies sign a MOU to work more closely on research and development on new technologies to protect the financial services sector's critical infrastructure. This agreement follows a pilot DHS and DoD have been working on to share threat information.
The agency will implement e-mail in the cloud using Google Apps for Government under an almost $7 million deal with Unisys. Many agencies are paying attention to how GSA implements this technology. GSA's CIO or Unisys could not confirm whether the datacenter is located in the U.S.
Debt commission's plan fails to get majority approval. The White House and lawmakers say they will review the recommendations and figure out how to move many of them forward.
The federal CIO Vivek Kundra will roll out specifics about the administration's plan to change the way agencies buy and manage technology. The administration wants to give CIOs more authority over the budget for commodity IT such as e-mail or infrastructure. Kundra also said 2012 budget request will include requirements for continuous monitoring of agency networks.
Global Computer Enterprise submits a complaint to GAO after DHS awards the deal to CACI last month.
Washington said he wants to pursue work in the commercial aviation industry.
DHS CIO Richard Spires tells host Jason Miller about his agency's data center consolidation efforts and where the government is headed next.
December 2, 2010