Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Agency administrator John Pistole determined workers can hold a vote on whether to be represented by a union. Pistole's memo details four areas that will fall under collective bargaining if employees approve it.
The long-awaited memo requires agencies to develop a plan to implement physical and computer network access controls. DHS and GSA are also working together to help agencies improve physical access control.
State Department CIO Susan Swart tells Federal News Radio she can see a light at the end of the tunnel for several large and important technology projects.
February 3, 2011 (Encore Presentation)
The chief performance officer will be joined by Lisa Brown, who currently serves as the assistant to the president and staff secretary. The restructuring will begin with trade and exports to give companies better opportunities in the global marketplace.
Trudy Givens, who works at the Bureau of Prisons in Wisconsin, received more than 20,000 votes for her suggestion to stop printing and mailing the Federal Register to employees. She won the 2010 SAVE Award and talked to President Obama about it Friday.
Former federal technology officials and industry experts offered ideas and suggestions on how to make project management its own career series in the government. OMB and OPM were collecting ideas from several former, long-time agency officials.
DHS is in the final stages of deploying version 2 of Einstein across the government, and already is making plans for version 3.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Janet Napolitano , DHS , technology , management , Peter King , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , George Washington University , cybersecurity , TWIC , terrorism alert system , Supply chain security , Einstein ,
Secretary Janet Napolitano said the Einstein 3 software will be deployed across the government to detect and disrupt malicious cyber activity. Cybersecurity among the hot topics Napolitano highlighted during her State of Homeland Security address.
Tags: technology , management , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Peter King , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , George Washington University , cybersecurity , TWIC , terrorism alert system , Supply chain security , Einstein ,
The White House agency will help coordinate the process around prize competitions, science and technology education efforts and online access to government data. The America Competes law details several news policy directives for OSTP and other federal scientific agencies.
Tags: technology , management , Tom Kalil , Barack Obama , Office of Science and Technology Policy , White House , NSF , NIST , NIH , America Competes Act , State of the Union , competitions , transparency ,