Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said he supports the administration's plan to make it easier to get rid of excess property at civilian agencies.
While Congress works on the law to create a new commission to dispose of excess federal civilian agency property, the Office of Management and Budget is getting a jumpstart on the process.
The Pentagon will issue new guidance this summer to move the military services away from buying technology in the same way they buy weapons. DoD's challenges are similar across the government, according to a new survey of CIOs. TechAmerica finds in their 21st survey of CIOs that technology managers believe acquisition employees need more expertise in buying IT.
Tags: technology , management , contracting , Beth McGrath , DoD , OMB , TechAmerica , Grant Thornton , Norm Lorentz , cloud computing , CIO survey , Web 2.0 , TechStat , cybersecurity , agile development ,
The morale of workers is on the rise after recent events highlighted the work the government does, officials say. Agencies also are taking specific steps to address employee challenges in their own agencies. DoT Secretary Ray LaHood said "pot shots" at employees is unacceptable.
Tags: management , John Berry , Shaun Donovan , Ray Lahood , Kathleen Sebelius , OPM , HHS , Transportation , HUD , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , employee morale , Employee Viewpoint Survey ,
OPM Director Berry said agencies are commenting on the rules to implement President Obama's executive order to bring college graduates more easily into the government. Berry also wants Congress to change the law so feds who want to retire can phase in their exit and act as mentors.
Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller joins host Mark Amtower for a wide-ranging discussion of how the nation's cybersecurity efforts have changed over the years.
May 2, 2011 (Encore presentation May 9, 2011)
The agency responds to Sen. Olympia Snowe's letter with the specific steps it's taking to improve human resources issues. The Maine Republican wrote to SBA after Federal News Radio's investigation into alleged whistleblower retaliation, human resources fraud and contracting fraud.
OMB issues a memo detailing the minimum requirements agencies should consider when purchasing technology to make teleworking easier.
Peace Corps CIO Dorine Andrews tells Federal News Radio what the agency is doing to update its IT infrastructure.
April 28, 2011
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra expects GSA to issue a solicitation by May 10 for a $2.5 billion contract for email-as-a-service. It's part of how the administration wants agencies to move to cloud computing. Kundra said five of seven short-term IT reforms efforts are on track.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Roger Baker , Kathleen Merrigan , Daniel Poneman , OMB , GSA , VA , Energy , USDA , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , role of the CIO , IT reforms , data center consolidation ,