Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Justice Department CIO Hitch has been in his position since 2002.
HHS and ATF are among the agencies preparing for a much lower budget in 2012 and beyond. Officials said short-term savings have been found, so now they must consider cuts to everything from real estate to personnel to non-critical functions.
Stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on for June 16, 2011.
Falling budgets have agencies considering extreme measures.
OPM Director John Berry said the administration is trying to be "responsible and professional" when it comes to changing the bonus and pay structure. He said agencies should take a step back and make sure they are using these programs effectively and promoting the best employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Greg Gilman , Jeff Risinger , OPM , OMB , VA , SEC , NTEU , pay freeze , performance bonuses , within grade , Federal Labor Management Council ,
Even though the legislative authority expired in May, GAO determined it still can decide task order complaints because of the Competition in Contracting Act.
Luke McCormack, the chief information officer of the Homeland Security Department's Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said ICE has not done a good job over the years in how they communicate their needs and requirements to industry.
June 16, 2011(Encore presentation July 28, 2011)
The General Services Administration and Homeland Security Department gave 14 vendors a spot on a cybersecurity contract. The vendors represent a "full gamut" of certification and accreditation services, a GSA official told Federal News Radio.
Tags: technology , contracting , Lawrence Hale , GSA , DHS , SmartBUY , cybersecurity , certification and accreditation , Enterprise software licensing , Apptis , Booz, Allen Hamilton , Deloitte , DSD Labs , G&B Solutions Inc. , Global Network Systems , Kadix System LLC , Knowledge Consulting Group Inc. , SecureInfo Corp. , Securicon LLC , Tantus Technologies Inc. , Telos Corp. , Tetrad Digital Integrity , Veris Group LLC , Cybersecurity Update
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra will develop policy and guidance to improve how agencies manage their websites.
This is the largest technology services contract ever from the agency.