Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
AFGE, NTEU lead discussion to broaden discussion about telecommuting to more than just during emergencies. The White House is working on a new governmentwide telework policy. AFGE wants to add telework options into new bargaining agreements.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Seth Harris , Jeff Zients , OPM , OMB , Labor , John Gage , Colleen Kelley , Patricia Niehaus , AFGE , NTEU , FMA , telework , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat ,
OPM said its goal is to get the average hire in their agency in 80 days. One way the agency will continue to bring down the average time is through a new set of applicant assessment tools. The first will launch in January for accountants and financial analysts.
OPM said the rise in costs is lower than the industry standard. Employees who choose family coverage will see an increase of $22.90 a month. Open season starts Nov. 8.
Director John Berry has asked federal and private sector experts to come up with a formula to compare public and private sector salaries. He says the government has a perception problem that needs to be fixed. Two senators introduce provisions to freeze federal pay and the number of employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Christine Griffin , Tom Coburn , John Thune , OPM , BLS , Senior Executive Association , NAPA , Administrative Conference of the U.S. , diversity , hiring reforms , pay raise , Executive Update 2010
Senate passes a bill that calls for many of the same changes the administration is asking for. House committee wants more answers about how the reforms would affect the hiring of veterans. OPM promises more answers in 90 days.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Jason Chaffetz , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , VA , NTEU , hiring reforms , veterans preference , USAJobs.gov , Federal Career Internship Program ,
IT managers from large agencies and small agencies alike are looking at virtualization to help them save money and streamline processes. On this week’s Ask the CIO program, Kim McCoy, chief information officer at the Bureau of the Public Debt, discussed her agency’s plans in this arena. McCoy told Federal News Radio her agency, along [...]
Tags: Ask the CIO , Bureau of the Public Debt , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Kim McCoy , Treasury , Virtualization , Ask the CIO , Bureau of the Public Debt , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Kim McCoy , Treasury , Virtualization , Ask the CIO , Bureau of the Public Debt , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Kim McCoy , Treasury , Virtualization
Frank Baitman will resign as CIO from the agency in August. His decision comes a few weeks after agency commissioner reorganized the agency's IT functions. OPM's Bill Zielinski also is returning to SSA to be the San Francisco regional commissioner.
Jacob Haynes, the Defense Contract Management Agency's CIO, said a zero client set up will rely totally on the cloud for all computing needs.
July 14, 2011
The White House today launched the 2011 version of the SAVE award. Employees can submit ideas starting through July 29. Over the past two years, feds offered more than 56,000 potential money-saving ideas.
All agency bureaus will implement the Internet Payment Platform by 2012. Additionally, all Treasury vendors must submit invoices through the portal starting in 2013. The electronic invoice payment program is one of 12 initiatives to improve federal financial management.