Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The House Armed Services Committee is following the success of its acquisition reform panel with a similar approach to Pentagon finances. Reps. Mike Conaway and Rob Andrews will, once again, lead the effort.
Suzanne Kubota, FederalNewsRadio.com's digital content manager, died Saturday after a short illness. For over 10 years, Suzanne was responsible for updating the Federal News Radio homepage each day. Today we remember and honor her.
A new memo from OPM Director John Berry reminds agencies that only employees who are rated fully successful should receive pay raises. The reminder comes as the House passed a provision to prohibit pay adjustments to poor performers.
House Oversight and Government Reform members disagreed on the whether federal employees should perform union activities during the work day. A bill banning official time has been introduced which AFGE says would all but end collective bargaining rights.
Tags: pay and benefits , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Phil Gingrey , Tim Curry , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , John Gage , AFGE , Vincent Vernuccio , Competitive Enterprise Institute , official time , labor-management relations ,
The Office of Personnel Management launches a new portal to help managers improve how they bring new employees into the government. USAJobsrecruit.gov is available for all feds to share best practices, find tools and solve challenges as Federal Service Ambassadors.
The agency is facing a backlog of 43,000 claims by retired feds to start getting their pensions. The delay is in part because of the collapse of a major part of the Retirement Systems Modernization program. OPM has reduced the time it takes to process claims by 15 percent over the last six months.
The Chairman of House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Republicans can sound evil during the debate about whether feds are overpaid. But the bigger issue, he said, is the overall HR processes used across government. Issa said agencies need to have a right-size the workforce more easily.
The Republican Study Committee introduced the Spending Reduction Act that would eliminate USAID and three other small agencies. It also would take spending back to 2006 levels in fiscal 2012. The legislation also would cut or reduce spending in 100 programs such as agency travel budgets and require the collection of unpaid taxes from federal employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , Chris Van Hollen , Morgan Griffith , Jim Matheson , Republican Study Committee , USAID , Spending Reduction Act , AFGE , NTEU , Colleen Kelley , John Gage , federal workforce , federal employee pay , Deficit Commission ,