Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The Interior Department issued its four-year technology transformation plan where it describes how it will save $100 million a year starting in 2016. Interior's roadmap focuses on back office and administrative systems.
CIO Sandy Peavy said the agency already launched a pilot using iPad and is using avatars to help trainees.
July 7, 2011
OMB will tell agencies to focus on management support service contracts and reduce spending by $6 billion. OMB said contracting for management support services grew at a faster rate than other types of contracting. The initiative is part of the administration's Campaign to Cut Waste.
Tags: Contracting , Jeff Zients , Dan Gordon , OFPP , OMB , service contracting , management support services , Campaign to Cut Waste , Richard Ginman , Commerce , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , DoD
The agency teams up with the SAFE BioPharma Association to digitally sign documents and improve the time it takes to get clinical trials going. NCI and the association are using the standards developed by the Federal Bridge. The two organizations are putting the concepts in the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) into practice.
Just-retired DoD Secretary Robert Gates issued a recent memo announcing his decision about how DISA and the chief information officer's office will change. Gates said DoD will dis-establish the Networks Integration and Information office.
The Justice Department defends employees who are accused of violating citizens' constitutional rights. Law enforcement officers are in the most danger of being sued. DoJ provides training for employees about how to steer clear of these situations.
Rear Adm. Sean Filipowski will take over from Rear Adm. Jan Tighe as the deputy director of operations at Cyber Command.
After a RFI and two industry days, the agency is preparing one or more solicitations to move its technology backbone to the cloud. HUD also is taking advantage of the TechStat sessions to improve the oversight and management of its ongoing IT projects.
EyakTek receives the authority to operate under the infrastructure-as-a-service contract to offer three cloud services.
The agency will buy a broad range of technology services from eight large and seven veteran-owned small businesses under the T4 contract. The deal is a multiple-award IDIQ contract that will last five years.