Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
President Obama has codified several initiatives that were developed after classified data became public. The Information Sharing Environment's mission has been extended to help coordinate the development of standards to securely share classified information.
OFPP issued a new memo encouraging departments to consider if the product or service they are buying meets sustainable standards. The memo is another in a series of directives to green the government.
The Food and Drug Administration has named Eric Perakslis as its new chief information officer and chief scientist for informatics.
The Lebanon Medical Center in Pennsylvania is using a new dashboard to measure how it's implementing sustainability efforts. VA expects to save or avoid about $178,000 in the first year of the portal's use at the facility.
Kirit Amin, the departing chief information officer at the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs offers a "compete and sincere" apology to foreign service officers, who he derided in an interview this week with Federal News Radio. Amin says it is unfortunate that he shared private feelings in a public forum.
A record year for insurance crop claims pushes RMA's systems to the brink. Chad Sheridan, RMA's CIO, said recent modernization efforts kept the agency's systems processing and paying claims.
Allen Federal's Larry Allen and Federal News Radio's Jason Miller count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Kirit Amin stepped down suddenly after four years as the CIO of the Bureau of Consular Affairs to take a 120-day reassignment with the State Department CIO. He decried "cronyism and nepotism" at the State Department and said the bureau has entered into bad contracts. "The duplication and waste in government is phenomenal, and I was not going to put up with that crap nor will I put up with contractors who will rip off the government," Amin told Federal News Radio.
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy and GSA are working on a directory of Federal Supply Schedule blanket purchase agreements. The database would help fix one of the "biggest blind spots" in federal acquisition today, said Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator. OFPP's memo to require business cases for multiple-award contracts received praise for its direct and specific requirements.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , Dan Gordon , OFPP , GSA , Interagency contracting , mulitiple-award contracts , business cases , Marcia Madsen , Mayer Brown , Stan Livingstone , ASI Government , contracting
Molly Wilkinson, a 22-year federal employee, will take her first job in the private sector as head of government affairs for Regions Bank. She worked as the Republican general counsel for the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee for the last two years.
Tags: people , Molly Wilkinson , Susan Collins , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , senate homeland security and government affairs co , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Co