Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)
Top ranked agencies say constant contact with employees is key to success. FDIC moved from the bottom in 2005 to the top this year. Surface Transportation Board takes top spot among small agencies for second year in a row.
OMB details the 12 product service codes and specific steps agencies must take over the next year to cut 15 percent of their management service contracts next year. Agencies spent $44 billion on these contracts in 2011.
Statement of Administration Policy and letter to Senate recommends keeping the E-Government Fund separate from the Federal Citizen Services Fund. The Sunlight Foundation and OMBWatch also want lawmakers to fully fund the E-Government Fund.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council will hold speed matchmaking sessions each quarter starting in 2012 to pair up mentors and those who are looking for such support. Kathryn Medina, the executive director of the CHCO Council, said the success of the first speed mentoring session earlier this year presented an opportunity to address a long-standing need.
A new report finds agency data is dubious and lacks reliability. OFPP disagrees with GAO's findings.
Under the $40 million deal, ICE wants a modernized system that gives investigators access to more than 100 disparate databases.
The Court of Federal Claims rules in VA's favor on five of six counts. But VA must relook at Standard Communications' bid to see if it meets the solicitation's best value criteria.
Three former agency employees say they tried to expose wrongdoing and were punished by EPA senior leaders. Several organizations marched to EPA headquarters asking for more support for whistleblowers.
The agency puts employees in pools based on their expertise, and then the employees move from project to project based on the needs of that program. VA now is working on 60 percent more projects than under the previous approach.
November 10, 2011(Encore presentation December 22, 2011)