Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Carnegie Mellon University's CIO Institute helps train the next generation of senior technology managers.
January 12, 2012
Improving contract management and workforce development and training the most important areas federal chief acquisition officers and senior procurement executives are focusing on in 2012.
The 2011 Save Award winner met with President Obama Monday to present his idea to create a lending library at NASA. Matthew Ritsko said his suggestion was built off of an effort by the space agency to become more efficient. He said two related efforts are underway to improve how NASA manages and shares tools and equipment.
The Joint Authorization Board releases specific requirements around each of the security controls for FedRAMP for systems needing low and moderate security levels. GSA and IAC will hold an industry day Wednesday.
The agency is using a new project management approach, TechStat sessions and new CIO authorities to fix long-standing oversight problems. HUD CIO Jerry Williams said all seven priority programs met their cost, schedule and performance goals this year.
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
Congress wants two reports on enterprise email: one from the Army that is due by Jan. 31 and another from DoD CIO Teri Takai by June. Army deputy CIO Mike Krieger said the requirement for a report caused the service to delay the program for 30 days and would push back the final migration date to at least mid-May.
The service hires eight vendors to provide private cloud computing services.
Tags: technology , contracting , industry , Army , data center consolidation , area processing centers , Criterion Systems , General Dynamics One Source , Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services , HP Enterprise , IBM , Lockheed Martin , MicroTech , Northrop Grumman
New memo gives agencies a template to develop privacy impact assessments when using commercial sites. The guidance follows OMB's June 2010 memo on using Web cookies.
The department signs an enterprise license agreement for messaging software for all civilian agency networks as part of the intrusion detection system. Congress gave DHS $443 million for cybersecurity in the 2012 budget.