Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
The administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy will join the George Washington University Law School as an associate dean. Gordon spent two years at OFPP working on a variety of issues from improving the workforce to reducing the use of high risk contracts to advocating for more collaboration between industry and government.
Rep. James Lankford (R-Okla.) said he will hold hearings to see how to make the federal grant process more transparent. The administration merged two existing boards into a new Council on Financial Assistance Reform to improve the grant-making process. HHS awarded a $32.4 million contract for IT services for grants.gov portal.
The companies must plead their case before the Air Force's debarring official. In the meantime, they cannot obtain new contracts or subcontracts.
The chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee on Technology, Information Policy, Intergovernmental Relations and Procurement Reform said agencies need to do more to train new employees to make the best decisions. Lankford said the turnover in the workforce and the lack of consistent training for the new employees is a major concern for the subcommittee.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , training , James Lankford , OFPP , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Federal Acquisition Institute ,
The agency issued draft of version 1 of the technology roadmap seeking to create cloud computing standards. The document details 10 cloud requirements that agencies need help on to adopt the emerging technology.
The department released a request for information for 11 email and collaboration services in the cloud. The RFI comes after Onix and Google dropped its protest of Interior's award to Softchoice and Microsoft for cloud email in October 2010.
GSA's Dave McClure said a flood of documents will come as soon as OMB signs off on the cloud security guidance. McClure said among the documents will be the application for third party companies to become FedRAMP accreditors of cloud products and services.
Deputy secretaries now get quarterly scorecards on how their agency is meeting four IT security priorities, including continuous monitoring of agency networks and secure identity cards. Howard Schmidt, the White House cyber coordinator, said the goal is to increase accountability and make sure agencies are putting enough focus on these areas. Schmidt said he is also developing priorities for 2012, which includes getting cybersecurity legislation passed.
Tags: technology , management , cybersecurity , Howard Schmidt , Jacob Olcott , OMB , DHS , cyber coordinator , TIC , secure identity cards , HSPD-12 , continuous monitoring , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , CyberStat , Good Harbor Consulting
Charles Romine has been selected to replace Furlani as the head of the NIST IT lab.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel wants the government to move toward a share-first policy where agencies share IT before buying new. He also introduced his "Future First" initiative to standardize technology development and adoption across the government. This was VanRoekel's first major policy speech since taking over as CIO in August.
Tags: technology , policy , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , cloud computing , cybersecurity , mobile computing , Future First , entrepreneur-in-residence , Tech Fellows , citizen services , PARC , TechAmerica , FedRAMP