Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Miller
Under the cloud security requirements, vendors who want to be third party assessment organizations and cloud service providers must prove they have walled-off the two parts of their company. GSA released details Dec. 8 and held an industry day Dec. 16 for vendors who want to be third-party assessers. GSA expects to release the FedRAMP security controls early in 2012.
New report from the .gov Reform Task Force shows agencies run more than 440 inactive websites, few measure performance consistently and there are few standards for how to design the sites. In the survey of the 56 largest agencies, the task force found Treasury has the most domains and NASA has the most public facing websites.
Terry Weaver plans to leave government service Jan. 3 and start her own Section 508 consulting firm.
The Government Accountability and Transparency Board submitted its first report to President Barack Obama last week highlighting oversight and accountability initiatives that could be used by more agencies. The Recovery Board is testing a new site to bring together analytical and forensic tools to prevent and find waste, fraud and abuse.
Tags: management , budget , Campaign to Cut Waste , OMB , Jacob Lew , Recovery and Transparency Board , Government Accountability and Transparency Board , improper payments , waste, fraud and abuse , oversight
The White House released the new plan to focus on four broad areas to improve cybersecurity in the government and in the private sector. Howard Schmidt, the White House cyber coordinator, said agencies will issue RFPs and RFIs to meet the strategy's goals.
Lieberman said a congressional staff is reviewing draft legislative language of the comprehensive cybersecurity legislation, which includes an update to the 2002 Federal Information Security Management Act. Sen. Reid promised to work on a cyber bill during the early part of the Senate session in 2012.
The latest version of the minibus spending bill for fiscal 2012 includes a $4.4 million increase for the E-Government Fund.
Maryland and Virginia lawmakers say federal employees have been singled out enough and shouldn't endure another year of a pay freeze or other benefit cuts. The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act includes such provisions. Rep. Gerry Connolly said continued pay freezes or reduction in benefits will impact recruiting and retention of employees.
The agency releases a RFI and will hold an industry day in January for the situational awareness and incident response tier III contract. DHS expects to create a qualified products list for the rest of the government to use.
Agencies must report data center consolidation savings this week to OMB in preparation for 2013 budget request. The administration keeps the IT passback guidance short with a focus only on a few priorities over the next year.