Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jason Chaffetz
Senate passes a bill that calls for many of the same changes the administration is asking for. House committee wants more answers about how the reforms would affect the hiring of veterans. OPM promises more answers in 90 days.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Eleanor Holmes-Norton , Daniel Akaka , George Voinovich , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , VA , NTEU , hiring reforms , veterans preference , USAJobs.gov , Federal Career Internship Program , Jason Miller
House lawmakers want to add the requirement for a White House official to oversee cybersecurty policy and budget across civilian agencies. Rep. Langevin said the current set up with DHS in charge of civilian networks isn't good enough. Members also want more attention paid to the security of the supply chain.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , Greg Schaffer , Jim Langevin , Elijah Cummings , DHS , White House , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity , Supply chain security , FISMA , Jason Miller
Republican leaders of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee introduced a bill to reduce the size of the federal government by 10 percent, codifying the deficit commission's recommendation. The legislation also would not let agencies hire contractors to replace federal workers unless there is a "financial advantage to the government."
Tags: pay and benefits , Darrell Issa , Dennis RossHouse Oversight and Government Reform C , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , workforce , Deficit Commission , Jason Miller , workforce reductions , Elijah Cummings , Reducing the Size of the Federal Government Throug , Congress
Director John Berry pushes back against claims from members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that federal employees are overpaid. Rep. Issa called the pay freeze a "farce" and wants step-increases frozen for this year. Berry and Democrat lawmakers continue to make the case that feds deserve their salaries.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Dennis Ross , Stephen Lynch , Darrell Issa , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , federal pay , bonuses , performance system , CHCO Council , GS-System , Jason Miller , pay debate
A partial shift in power on the Hill means committee chairmanships will change in the House but not in the Senate. A variety of issues from the federal budget to telework, and federal pay and regulatory policies will be re-examined.
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , Mike Causey , Dan Adcock , Leslie Phillips , Steny Hoyer , Darrell Issa , Bob Cusack , Suzanne Kubota , Jerry Bodlander , Susan Crabtree , federal pay raise , pay raise , 2011 budget , furloughs , Bill Bransford , hiring freeze , workforce reductions , health care , FEHBP , Social Security , $250 payment , Jolie Lee , Julia Ziegler , 1.4 percent raise , federal employees , Election 2010
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
Congressman Jason Chaffetz introduces legislation that would require agencies to dismiss federal employees who don't pay their taxes. Chaffetz will add his bill to one focused on vendor tax delinquents.
A House committee got its latest progress report on the economic stimulus program yesterday. The testimony paints a decidedly mixed picture about whether or not the $787 billion dollar American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is working the way the White House has planned.