Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
A newly-released EPA Inspector General's audit found that the agency lacks the internal controls it needs to make sure its workforce is aligned with its missions.
A 30-year veteran of the Government Accountability Office was formally sworn-in Thursday as U.S. Comptroller General.
New regulations published Thursday aim to make sure agencies reclaim vendor employees' HSPD-12 cards when they're no longer needed to perform contract work.
President Obama has signed an executive order that replaces the controversial Federal Career Intern Program with three consolidated 'pathways.' Administration officials say the old hiring system put agencies at a competitive disadvantage with private sector employers.
Tags: management , hiring , pay and benefits , Federal Career Intern Program , Merit Systems Protection Board , OMB , National Treasury Employees Union , American Federation of Government Employees , Colleen Kelly , John Gage
Language in the defense authorization bill passed this week will require the Army to submit a transportation plan to Congress in the next 90 days, addressing how 6,400 new Pentagon workers will commute to a new office with no access to Metro.
In a meeting with members of Congress and industry association leaders this week, DoD officials said proposed cuts to Defense contracting will only impact a small subset of the department's service contracting budget. DoD officials said they are looking at contracts that support staff augmentation and other similar support service contracts.
Tags: Contracting , Industry , DoD , Robert Gates , Bill Lynn , Gerry Connolly , Stan Soloway , Bobbie Kilberg , Professional Services Council , Northern Virginia Technology Council , Deltek Consulting , budget cuts , services contracts ,
VA officials said they intend eliminate the backlog of disability claims by 2015 by looking to new technology. The agency wants to dramatically expand a pilot program that lets vets submit claims online.
After meetings between agencies, the CIO Council's panel is concerned that even if agencies meet OMB's 2012 deadline to make the switch, their Internet service providers may not. The task force is hoping to meet with GSA and Networx vendors to make sure everyone is ready for IPv6.
Tags: technology , Contracting , Industry , Pete Tseronis , John Curran , Andrew McLaughlin , OMB , CIO Council , American Registry for Internet Numbers , IPv6 , Networx , Internet service providers ,