Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The Defense Department's deputy chief financial officer said Friday that the department believes it will achieve the 2017 deadline to produce auditable financial statements. DoD is approaching the problem in way that makes clear that clean books are not only the responsibility of its accountants, he said.
The Air Force will ask Congress to fast-track additional authorities to allow the service to bring its uniformed service back into the statutory boundaries, Air Force leaders said Thursday.
The Navy's cyber command will soon be able to see a real-time view of penetration attempts into the service's IT systems, the command's number two officer said Thursday.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said repeatedly over recent weeks that operating the Defense Department under 2010 funding levels represented a "crisis on my doorstep." Several Defense spending critics said the assessment was overblown.
Continuing to operate at 2010 funding levels under a continuing resolution would be a crisis for the military, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Monday. He made the remarks at a briefing detailing DoD's proposed budget for 2012.
A Congressional subcommittee heard testimony from three cybersecurity experts Friday who said the Defense Department should share more information on cyber threats with private network operators. The hearing, which examined DoD's role in the nation's cyber defense, produced a consensus that the country needs to do more to protect itself from cyber threats, the subcommittee's chairman said.
Tags: DoD , DHS , Congress , cybersecurity , Center for Democracy and Technology , Institute for Information Infrastructure Protectio , Dartmouth College , North American Electric Reliability Corporation , Gregory Nojeim , Gerry Cauley , Shari Pfleeger , DoD Report
The departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development have partnered to conduct a more thorough analysis of the nation's homeless veteran population. The agencies said the new data will allow them to get the right services to the vets who need them.
Gen. Ray Odierno, the commander of the soon to be shuttered Joint Forces Command said Wednesday that the vast majority of jobs lost in JFCOM's closure would be contracted positions. Most of the command's civilian and uniformed billets will be moved into a newly-created two-star command or transferred to individual military services.
The Defense Department wants its information technology projects to be developed in smaller, faster chunks that take no more than 18 months to deploy. One Air Force program executive officer says he's already doing it in 12 months.
The government on Friday issued a new 10-year strategy for dealing with the increasingly contested, increasingly congested area of space. The document aims to preserve the U.S. leadership role in space while also building effective international norms.