Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The Navy will eliminate 200 captains and commanders, citing high retention and low attrition rates.
IT consolidation and efficiency efforts within the Air Force are part of the service's contribution to Defense Secretary Robert Gates' efficiency initiative, Air Force Secretary Mike Donley said Wednesday. He expects to shave more than $1 billion from the service's IT expenses.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said last week that he wants to increase health insurance premiums for working-age military retirees by a "modest" amount to take pressure off of DoD's ballooning health care budget. Groups that represent retirees say Gates' past proposals for TRICARE hikes have been anything but modest.
Tags: DoD , pay and benefits , Congress , Robert Gates , budget , TRICARE , Military Officers Association of America , The Retired Enlisted Association , CSIS , Cathy Beasley , Deirdre Holleman , Maren Leed ,
Beginning in February, all Defense Department components will be required to use new online tools to generate cost estimates for "any new proposal or initiative, large or small." Secretary Robert Gates in a memo urged DoD employees to start using the online tools now.
The Consumer Financial Protection Agency will include an office dedicated to helping members of the armed forces. It will be led by Holly Petraeus, wife of the commander of forces in Afghanistan.
While each of the military services will have access to money freed up by Defense Secretary Robert's Gates efficiency initiative, they will not be able to use it all on new capabilities as he originally intended.
Despite what he called 'strong objections' to limitations in the bill on the transfer of Guantanamo Bay detainees, President Obama on Friday signed the 2011 defense authorization bill
A memorandum signed by the president Thursday night gives DoD the green light to formally shut down the Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said about half the command's functions will stay in the Norfolk area, while Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark Warner's office said JFCOM would be revamped and renamed.
Your daily debrief of the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on.
Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday that the Pentagon will reduce costs by raising health care premiums of working-age military retirees.