Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The Navy is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to find alternatives to fossil fuels. A parallel effort aims to engrain energy efficiency into the way the service buys the ships and planes it will own for the next few decades.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta wants the department to have at least part of its books ready for audit well in advance of the Congressionally-mandated 2017 deadline. The edict could prove challenging for some components of DoD.
The Army plans to release technical standards for its IT systems next year, in a process that leaders say will give greater predictability to industry. For the Army, the benefit will be an enterprise network that lets it quickly integrate new technologies as they come to market.
Tags: DoD , Army , ausa 2011 , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , Jennifer Napper , charles flynn , John Morrison , Susan Lawrence , William Phillips , acquisition , Fort Bliss , rapid acquisition process
In the face of suggestions that the military of the future will rely more on air and sea power than ground forces, Army leaders say such arguments were wrong in the past and are wrong now.
Kirit Amin, the departing chief information officer at the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs offers a "compete and sincere" apology to foreign service officers, who he derided in an interview this week with Federal News Radio. Amin says it is unfortunate that he shared private feelings in a public forum.
Federal CIO Steven Van Roekel said the Office of Management and Budget now estimates to save millions of dollars more from data center consolidation, through an expanded definition of the facilities and an amplified goal.
The National Security Agency will contribute the prize money for Maryland's first cyber competition. The agency says it wants to raise interest in cyber education and help ensure its future workforce.
With cuts of at least $450 billion in DoD's future, the Pentagon's outgoing deputy secretary says the military will have to do fewer things, and probably with fewer people.
Eric Rosenbach is named as the new leader for cyber policy and Tony Montemarano takes on a new role at DISA.
Tags: DoD , Senior Executive Service , workforce , DLA , DISA , cybersecurity , Eric Rosenbach , bob butler , mae devincentis , edward case , clyde hobby , robert foster , Anthony Montemarano , people ,
The Government Accountability Office found the Coast Guard cannot meet its most recent acquisition objectives to recapitalize its aging boats and airplanes. The audit agency told Congress Tuesday the service hasn't properly aligned its ambitions with its expected budgets. The Coast Guard contends the GAO findings are out of date.