Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
After a decade in which it has been built up to parity with the active Army and Air Force components, the National Guard should not be allowed to backslide to a point where it is no longer usable, the National Guard chief said Friday.
The Pentagon faces an uphill climb in getting ready for an audit of its consolidated financial statements by 2017, outside experts said Thursday. Nonetheless, the goal is achievable if the push is sustained by future secretaries of Defense.
Tags: DoD , management , financial management , DISA , DFAS , Army Corps of Engineers , DCAA , JoAnn Boutelle , Mark Keeley , Tracy Porter , Deloitte , Grant Thornton , PricewaterhouseCoopers , audit readiness ,
The Defense Information Systems Agency's website had been offline since Saturday. Agency officials blamed a hardware problem.
Progress has been made in better recruiting and training the acquisition workforce, but budget cuts could threaten years of progress, outgoing OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said at a House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.
Tags: acquisition , workforce , acquisition workforce , DoD , DAU , FAI , Donna Jenkins , Katrina McFarland , Roger Jordan , PSC , Dan Gordon , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee ,
The Defense Department said it intends to not just rebuild its acquisition workforce in numbers, but also make sure those employees have access to new tools that will give them the insight they need to make good decisions.
NATO and its members say a network they constructed to tie together the national networks of the various militaries operating in Afghanistan is a success story — except for the fact that the network took eight years to get up and running. But U.S. Defense officials said they have a better understanding for future coalition operations for how best to build such a network.
The new leader of the Air Force's major information technology acquisition command said the service still is operating in a mode that lets individual programs design and build their own IT infrastructure.
The Defense Department needs fast, reliable, resilient satellite networking capabilities across the globe. It's wrestling with how to provide those capabilities in the face of dropping budgets.
The Veterans Affairs Department wants to hedge its bets when it comes to its planned rollout of up to 100,000 tablet devices. IT leaders worry about the unpredictability of the mobile technology landscape, and don't want to spend millions to develop apps for a platform that risks being superseded by a competitor.
The Pentagon said it needs a much clearer picture of the subcontractors beneath the top tier of prime vendors it works with every day. DoD is trying to create a comprehensive map of the entire defense industry so it can keep critical suppliers healthy during an expected period of industry consolidation.