Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The National Security Agency will contribute the prize money for Maryland's first cyber competition. The agency says it wants to raise interest in cyber education and help ensure its future workforce.
With cuts of at least $450 billion in DoD's future, the Pentagon's outgoing deputy secretary says the military will have to do fewer things, and probably with fewer people.
Eric Rosenbach is named as the new leader for cyber policy and Tony Montemarano takes on a new role at DISA.
Tags: DoD , Senior Executive Service , workforce , DLA , DISA , cybersecurity , Eric Rosenbach , bob butler , mae devincentis , edward case , clyde hobby , robert foster , Anthony Montemarano , People ,
The Government Accountability Office found the Coast Guard cannot meet its most recent acquisition objectives to recapitalize its aging boats and airplanes. The audit agency told Congress Tuesday the service hasn't properly aligned its ambitions with its expected budgets. The Coast Guard contends the GAO findings are out of date.
The Navy has released its draft solicitation for its huge Next Generation Enterprise Network project, which replaces the current Navy-Marine Corps Intranet and could end up being the largest private IT network in the world. The draft RFP is the last step — and the last opportunity for industry to comment — before Navy issues a final RFP.
The Defense Intelligence Agency is now 50 years old, but its current and former leaders say the last 10 have come to define it as an agency.
The Defense Department's new strategic management plan includes changes to the department's previous business goals, as well as new areas DoD plans to focus on in the coming year.
Like every agency, the Defense Department has to help the government reduce its IT footprint. But unlike most agencies, it has more than a decade of data center consolidation experience to lean on. Space dedicated to servers in the Pentagon has come down from 45,000 to 15,000 square feet over the past 15 years, officials said.
The National Geospatial Agency formally opened its headquarters Monday. Its $1.7 billion facility is the third largest in the national capital region.
Three senators say the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill needs tougher oversight after new figures show a quarter of the program's funds went to just eight companies that run for-profit colleges.