Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
Col. John Morrison is director of the Army's LandWarNet Battle Command, the office that's in charge of integrating Army capabilities at the NIE.
Massive spending bill includes provisions that would cap parking at the controversial office site until DoD implements traffic mitigation measures recommended by the department's inspector general.
The Army's senior leaders want the service to beat its 2015 target to cut down the number of data centers it uses.
Cutting back on excess dollar-coins, tackling Medicare prescription drug abuse and prosecuting procurement fraud are just some of the ways the White House says agencies cut back on government waste in 2011.
House and Senate negotiators who hammered out an agreement for the 2012 defense authorization bill added language that puts the brakes on the Army's transition to an enterprise email effort. The language adds several requirements the Army and DoD must meet before moving forward with the project.
The Defense Manpower Data Center has a number of responsibilities with respect to DoD. Mary Dixon, the director of the DMDC joined Jared Serbu for an interview on Federal News Radio's weekly defense program, On DoD.
DoD researchers are trying to figure out a way to build big weapons systems in two years instead of 10, by following the lead of the IT industry. DARPA plans to test the concept with the Marine Corps, fulfilling their need for an amphibious combat vehicle.
The Air Force, already facing a $1.2 billion budget cut from its IT portfolio, is looking at how to cut another billion. The service is looking to application rationalization and other efficiencies to meet its targets.
After the passage of the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols Act, the Pentagon stopped fighting the Congressional push for the military services to come together. Instead, it innovated joint operations beyond the wildest hopes of reformers in Congress. Can that model be exported to the rest of the federal government?
It took more than four years, but Congress succeeded in revamping the organizational structure of the Pentagon over the strident objections of the military's own leadership 25 years ago.
Tags: DoD , management , reorganization , Goldwater-Nichols Act , Barry Goldwater , Sam Nunn , Bill Nichols , James Locher , David Jones , Ike Skelton , Rudy deLeon , Lindsey Graham , Joint Chiefs of Staff , Army , Navy , Air Force , Marines