Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
Under a settlement announced Wednesday by 20 states' attorneys general, the Department of Veterans Affairs will take control of a website that consumer fraud investigators say has been used to mislead military members into making poor use of their GI Bill benefits.
Acting administrator Michael Huerta had few answers for members of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee concerning the FAA's lack of progress on pilot training and safety regulations. Huerta said the final directive is expected to be out by October 2013. He also said the NextGen system is making progress and establishing important baselines.
Tags: management , FAA , Michael Huerta , Keith BieryGolick , Congress , NextGen , Air Transportation System , John Rockefeller , Frank Lautenberg , Senate Commerce , Science and Transportation Commi , whistleblower , OSC
DoD is examining how to keep servicemembers' "fires lit" once the military services transition to a mostly peacetime status. Gen. Martin Dempsey said some units will be aligned with a particular region of the world. DoD also will take advantage of advancements in technology to help with training.
Lockheed Martin, the federal government's largest contractor landed up to $1.9 billion worth of work Friday in a deal to operate Defense Department networks across the globe.
Agencies are working toward implementing an executive order designed to crack down on "fly- by-night" colleges that target military members' education benefits
In this week's edition of On DoD, we hear from two of the agencies that are using suspension and debarment aggressively. The Air Force and the Defense Logistics Agency together processed more than 800 suspensions, debarments, and proposed debarments last year. We hear from Steven Shaw, the Air Force's deputy general counsel for contractor responsibility, and Normand Lussier, DLA's associate general counsel for contracting integrity.
Agencies are making greater use of their ability to declare contractors and individuals ineligible for work by the federal government. Some outside experts suggest the increase may be the result of hasty decisions.
Tags: Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , contracting , industry , suspension and debarment , Air Force , Defense Logistics Agency , Crowell and Moring , Venable , McKenna, Long and Aldridge , Angela Styles , Rob Burton , Fred Levy , Normand Lussier , Steven Shaw ,
The four acquisition decisions the service will make in the coming months are the first fruits of a task force the Army created to pursue large-scale solar, geothermal, wind, biomass and waste-to-energy facilities on its bases.
Agency aims for better metrics to guide future facility closings, consolidations. The FAA has about two weeks to submit a report to Congress with recommendations to close facilities.
Tags: FAA , NextGen , BRAC , workforce , management , David Grizzle , Air Traffic Organization , Paul Rinaldi , National Association of Air Traffic Controllers , Department of Transportation , inspectors general ,
Leaders from both services are visiting military bases and renewable energy gatherings together to identify best practices. The Army and Air Force will jointly host a renewable energy industry forum in Washington next month.