Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The winners of the series of ultra-complex puzzles used custom-designed software to detect the proper places for thousands of shards of shredded paper.
The Defense Department's new strategic management plan includes changes to the department's previous business goals, as well as new areas DoD plans to focus on in the coming year.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has told DoD he wants it to be ready for a partial audit by 2014. The Senate this week is considering taking that goal and making it law.
In the Department of Veterans Affairs, it took two years and a big culture change to raise the rate of on-time deliveries of IT projects from below 30 percent to just shy of 90 percent. But according to VA's CIO, those changes amount to his department giving itself its own budget increase.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) wanted to know how quickly people could put shredded documents together again. The answer: pretty quickly.
After a decade in which it has been built up to parity with the active Army and Air Force components, the National Guard should not be allowed to backslide to a point where it is no longer usable, the National Guard chief said Friday.
The Pentagon faces an uphill climb in getting ready for an audit of its consolidated financial statements by 2017, outside experts said Thursday. Nonetheless, the goal is achievable if the push is sustained by future secretaries of Defense.
Tags: DoD , management , financial management , DISA , DFAS , Army Corps of Engineers , DCAA , JoAnn Boutelle , Mark Keeley , Tracy Porter , Deloitte , Grant Thornton , PricewaterhouseCoopers , audit readiness ,
The Defense Information Systems Agency's website had been offline since Saturday. Agency officials blamed a hardware problem.
Progress has been made in better recruiting and training the acquisition workforce, but budget cuts could threaten years of progress, outgoing OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said at a House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.
Tags: acquisition , workforce , acquisition workforce , DoD , DAU , FAI , Donna Jenkins , Katrina McFarland , Roger Jordan , PSC , Dan Gordon , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee ,
The Defense Department said it intends to not just rebuild its acquisition workforce in numbers, but also make sure those employees have access to new tools that will give them the insight they need to make good decisions.