Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
Ashton Carter, the nominee to be the new deputy Defense secretary, said DoD will need to consider civilian employee furloughs, the abandonment of major weapons systems and a severe curtailing of military training if the sequestration envisioned by Congress as a budget-cutting forcing function takes effect.
Agencies have stepped up the pace of their data center consolidation efforts, leading to predicted data center closures numbering well above what the Office of Management and Budget predicted earlier this year.
The Defense and Energy departments are starting two new joint research and demonstration projects intended to help DoD become less reliant on petroleum.
Even though a short era of ever-increasing military budgets has come to a close, Pentagon leaders said Monday their quest to find savings in defense spending is not aimed at reducing the profitability of contractors.
Stories our reporters are covering on June 17, 2011.
May 17, 2011