Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
The Army says it's learned a lot about how to put intelligence capabilities directly into the hands of soldiers. The next challenge is to maintain the momentum for development of those capabilities once troops are out of combat.
As it prepares to implement the changes enacted by a sweeping patent reform bill, the Patent and Trademark Office is ending one of the temporary fast-track programs it created to clear out its backlog of patent applications. Another is being extended.
Treasury's building, DoD's Mark Center both get LEED Gold certification. Treasury expects to save $3.5 million by improving how the structures uses energy. DoD expects its new building to use 45 percent less water.
The Pentagon has standardized, course-based training and certification programs for its acquisition workforce. DoD's CFO wants comparable standards for the department's financial management community.
Congress is telling the Defense Department to take a new look at the way it makes decisions about buying big business systems. DoD's deputy chief management officer will take the lead in this effort.
Tags: DoD , Congress , management , Elizabeth McGrath , Business process reengineering , investment review boards , DoD strategic management plan , DIMHRS , DoD budget , AFCEA , Defense Authorization Bill , oversight
Col. John Morrison is director of the Army's LandWarNet Battle Command, the office that's in charge of integrating Army capabilities at the NIE.
Massive spending bill includes provisions that would cap parking at the controversial office site until DoD implements traffic mitigation measures recommended by the department's inspector general.
The Army's senior leaders want the service to beat its 2015 target to cut down the number of data centers it uses.
Cutting back on excess dollar-coins, tackling Medicare prescription drug abuse and prosecuting procurement fraud are just some of the ways the White House says agencies cut back on government waste in 2011.
House and Senate negotiators who hammered out an agreement for the 2012 defense authorization bill added language that puts the brakes on the Army's transition to an enterprise email effort. The language adds several requirements the Army and DoD must meet before moving forward with the project.