Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Jared Serbu
At meetings this week, DoD gives European Command the go-ahead to start building the first increment of a standards-based IT environment that will collapse thousands of networks into a single, interoperable environment.
Pentagon says planning for future contingencies will include contract management from the get-go rather than letting be an afterthought.
Veterans Affairs PHR effort has already gone far beyond VA. After reaching 1 million users, originators of the project have set their sights on 100 million.
Agencies dedicated more money and personnel to FOIA processing in 2011, but requests grew even faster.
The DoD inspector general found more than half of military voting assistance offices were unreachable using contact information on the website. Pam Mitchell, the interim director of the Federal Voting Assistance Program, said all the phone numbers now are accurate.
Executive order calls for vets in emotional distress to be seen by a professional within 24 hours. It also enlists HHS, Education, DoD and VA in interagency partnerships to find treatments for traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress.
DoD and VA have both committed to moving from their legacy electronic health record systems to a joint, integrated system by 2017. But there are challenges: an aggressive timeline and an acquisition culture that's not been suited to agility in the past.
Todd Harrison is the defense budget fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. In this week's edition of On DoD, he talks with Jared Serbu about a new study he's just finished: Rebalancing Military Compensation: An Evidence-based Approach. He asked servicemembers which benefits they actually valued and which ones they didn't.
Ninety percent of backlogged papers have been assessed and sent to agencies for review, but unexpected problems may cause government to miss 2013 deadline to clear the backlog.
DoD's path to a networking environment that serves the entire military with a single set of standards will start with the premise that 60-80 percent technology solutions are good enough for now. Pentagon wants to start with commercial technologies that can evolve in capability over time.